Illustrated by Tim Bowers
Everyone knows your typical dragon breathes fire.
But when Crispin tries to breathe fire on his seventh birthday, fire doesn’t come out – only whipped cream! Each time Crispin tries to breathe fire, he ends up with:
Band-Aids. Marshmallows. Teddy Bears?
Crispin wonders if he’ll ever find his inner fire. But when a family emergency breaks out, it takes a little dragon with not-so-typical abilities to save the day.
With wry humor and whimsical illustrations, Not Your Typical Dragon is the perfect story for any child who can’t help feeling a little bit different.
- Chocolate Lily Award 2014-2015
- Nevada Young Readers’ Award 2017
- BC Book Prize 2014 (Christie Harris Illustrated Children’s Literature Award)
- Libris Award’s Picture Book of the Year 2014
- Rainforest of Reading Award 2018
Selected to be part of:
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library for 2015 and 2016
- Scholastic’s Reading Club (soft cover)
“Best of” Lists:
- Bank Street College of Education’s Best Books of the Year for Children and Adults 2014
- Greater Victoria Public Library Best Picture Books of 2013
- TD Reading Club 2013
OVER 600,000 COPIES SOLD!